Höchst Porcelain Manufactory is the second-oldest porcelain manufactory in Germany, with a rich and varied history.
Höchst Porcelain Manufactory was founded in 1746 as the Electoral Manufactory of Mainz, making it the second-oldest porcelain manufacturing company in Germany. It received its founding privilege from the Elector of Mainz, Johann Friedrich Carl von Ostein, as well as a monopoly in the Electorate of Mainz and permission to use the Mainz wheel as the trademark for Höchst Porcelain. Production continued here until 1796, when Höchst Porcelain Manufactory was closed as a result of the French Revolutionary Wars and the siege and occupation of Mainz. After interim periods of operation in Damm (1840-1884), Bonn (1884-1903) and Passau (1903-1942), Höchst Porcelain Manufactory was re-established in Frankfurt in 1947.
In 1977, the Dalberg House in Frankfurt-Höchst, formerly owned by the Archbishop of Mainz, Wolfgang von Dalberg, became the headquarters of Höchst Porcelain Manufactory.
In 1996, to commemorate “250 Years of Höchst Porcelain,” the production process was relocated to the “Porzellanhof,” a historically protected industrial building next to the city park in Höchst, dating back to 1906.
In 2002, the Porzellanhof on Palleskestrasse in Frankfurt-Höchst became the new company headquarters of Höchst Porcelain Manufactory. At the same time, the Porzellanhof was expanded as an event manufactory and was opened to visitor groups.
Manufacturing hard porcelain with the highest-quality craftsmanship.
The product palette at Höchst Porcelain Manufactory includes biscuit-fired porcelain, white-glazed porcelain and painted porcelain, in the categories of gifts and accessories, figures and sculptures, and table service.
It includes reproductions of historical porcelain artworks, primarily Höchst molds from the 18th century; exclusive designs and specially developed products; limited editions and collectors’ items; and contemporary porcelain art. We offer high-quality technical decorations for elegant dining, and individually developed shapes and decorations to meet the highest standards.
Since 2001, the manufactory has made modern living and gift accessories with a contemporary feel as well as using the traditional and historical molds.
Recently, the manufactory has received international recognition and prizes (such as the Design Plus Award) for its new products (Office series) in the area of contemporary design.